System Progressive Protection is a computer virus,which will report that malware was detected on your machine however if you try to remove this infections, it will state that you need to buy this product before being able to do so.Here are some of the bogus alerts that you may encounter:
Spyware.IEMonster activity detected. This is spyware that attempts to steal passwords from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Outlook and other programs.
Click here to remove it immediately with System Progressive Protection.
System Progressive Protection Warning
Your PC is still infected with dangerous viruses. Activate antivirus protection to prevent data loss and avoid the theft of your credit card details.
Warning: Your computer is infected
Detected spyware infection!
Click this message to install the last update of security software.
System Progressive Protection is a scam,and all its alerts and warnings are just an attempt to scare into buying this product and stealing your credit card details.
When System Progressive Protection is first installed, it will make changes to Windows so that when you launch an executable, this rogue antivirus will be started instead and a pop-up message saying that the .exe file is infected and cannot execute will be displayed.
Application cannot be executed. The file notepad.exe infected.
Please activate your antivirus software.
System Progressive Protection will also hijack your web browser so that it display a security warning whenever you attempt to visit a website. The text of this warning is:
Warning! The site you are trying visit may harm your computer!
Your security setting level puts your computer at risk!
Activate System Progressive Protection, and enable safe web surfing (recommended).
Ignore warnings and visit that site in the current stat (not recommended).
If this happens,you can safely click on Ignore warnings and visit that site in the current stat (not recommended),so that you’ll be able to visit the desired site.
If your computer is infected with System Progressive Protection,then you are seeing this screens:
We strongly advise you to ignore any alerts that System Progressive Protection might generate and proceed with this removal guide as soon as possible.
Under no circumstance should you buy System Progressive Protection as this could lead to identity theft,and if you have, you should contact your credit card company and dispute the charge stating that the program is a scam and a computer virus.
Registration codes for System Progressive Protection
As an optional step,you can use the following license key to register System Progressive Protection and stop the fake alerts.
System Progressive Protection license key: AA39754E-715219CE
Please keep in mind that entering the above registration code will NOT remove System Progressive Protection from your computer , instead it will just stop the fake alerts so that you’ll be able to complete our removal guide more easily.
System Progressive Protection Removal Guide
STEP 1: Start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and thenrestart your computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts.Please keep in mind that you need to press the F8 key before the Windows start-up logo appears.
Note: With some computers, if you press and hold a key as the computer is booting you will get a stuck key message. If this occurs, instead of pressing and holding the “F8 key”, tap the “F8 key” continuously until you get the Advanced Boot Options screen.
- On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode with Networking , and then press ENTER.
STEP 2: Repair your Windows Registry from System Progressive Protection malicious changes.
System Progressive Protection has changed your Windows registry settings so that when you try to run a executable file, it will instead launch the infection rather than the desired program.
- Download the registryfix.reg file to fix the malicious registry changes from System Progressive Protection.
REGISTRYFIX.REG DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will automatically download the registry fix called registryfix.reg)
- Double-click on registryfix.reg file to run it. Click “Yes” for Registry Editor prompt window,then click OK.
STEP 3: Remove System Progressive Protection malicious files with Malwarebytes Chameleon
Malwarebytes Chameleon is a powerful utility from Malwarebytes, that will stop System Progressive Protection malicious process from running and remove its malicious files from your computer.
- While your computer is Safe Mode with Networking download Malwarebytes Chameleon from the below link,thenextract it to a folder in a convenient location.
MALWAREBYTES CHAMELEON DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a new web page from where you can download Malwarebytes Chameleon)
- Make certain that your infected computer is connected to the internet and then open the Malwarebytes Chameleon folder and double-click onsvchost.exe.
IF Malwarebytes Chameleon will not open, double-click on the other renamed files until you find one will work, which will be indicated by a black DOS/command prompt window.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to press a key to continue and Chameleon will proceed to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for you.
- Once it has done this, it will update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and you’ll need to click OK when it says that the database was updated successfully.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now attempt to kill all the malicious process associated with System Progressive Protection.Please be aware that this process can take up to 10 minutes, so please be patient.
- Next, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically open and perform a Quick scan for System Progressive Protection malicious files as shown below.
- Upon completion of the scan, click on Show Result
- You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has detected.
Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked),then click on the Remove Selected button.
- After your computer restarts in Normal mode, open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and perform a Full System scan to verify that there are no remaining threats
STEP 4: Remove System Progressive Protection rootkit with HitmanPro
In some cases,System Progressive Protection will also install a rootkit on victims computer.To remove this rootkit we will use HitmanPro.
- Download HitmanPro from the below link,then double click on it to start this program.
HITMANPRO DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a new web page from where you can download HitmanPro)
IF you are experiencing problems while trying to start HitmanPro, you can use the Force Breach mode.To start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode, hold down the left CTRL-key when you start HitmanPro and all non-essential processes are terminated, including the malware process. (How to start HitmanPro in Force Breach mode – Video)
- HitmanPro will start and you’ll need to follow the prompts (by clicking on theNext button) to start a system scan with this program.
- HitmanPro will start scanning your computer for System Progressive Protection malicious files as seen in the image below.
- Once the scan is complete,you’ll see a screen which will display all the infected files that this utility has detected, and you’ll need to click on Next to remove this malicious files.
- Click Activate free license to start the free 30 days trial and remove all the malicious files from your computer.
STEP 5: Double check for any left over infections with Emsisoft Emergency Kit
- You can download Emsisoft Emergency Kit from the below link,thenextract it to a folder in a convenient location.
EMSISOFT EMERGENCY KIT DOWNLOAD LINK ((This link will open a new web page from where you can download Emsisoft Emergency Kit)
- Open the Emsisoft Emergency Kit folder and double clickEmergencyKitScanner.bat, then allow this program to update itself.
- After the Emsisoft Emergency Kit has update has completed,click on theMenu tab,then select Scan PC.
- Select Smart scan and click on the SCAN button to search for System Progressive Protection malicious files.
- When the scan will be completed,you will be presented with a screen reporting which malicious files has Emsisoft detected on your computer, and you’ll need to click on Quarantine selected objects to remove them.
OCTOBER 9, 2012 By STELIAN PILICI